Thursday, June 13, 2013

Moisture Malbush Mimics Martian-Men



A Yiddishe Kup is a terrible thing to waste.  And so after years of only hatters and roofers enjoying the Shabbos downpours, www.shaynecoat.com has produced a Line of Levush that satisfies the need to keep one's self and one's clothing, particularly the hat, dry, while simultaneously satisfying the halachik stringencies against carrying.

The price is right, and the concept seems good, yet for some reason I just can't seem to get past the clown factor.  I simply laugh inwardly each time I pass a black-clad Martian-Man.  

One day I might succumb, but for now I'll settle with wearing an older hat in inclement weather and replacing my good one when finances allow.





5 comments:

  1. I finally crossed over and started wearing one this winter upon the realization that there is no one from whom to be ashamed of wearing it and staying dry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to see that others feel the same way I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This Alien gigantic head look would all be unnecessary if about 30 years ago the Frum fashion police had not declared rain hats to be the truest indicator of moral turpitude.

    https://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-ab&q=rain+hat+fedoras&oq=rain+hat+fedoras&gs_l=serp.3..0j0i22i30.2878.7731.0.8024.17.17.0.0.0.7.475.5485.3-15j1.16.0...0.0.0..1c.1.17.psy-ab.MOF5SlFUkJo&pbx=1&bav=on.2,or.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=b38008d43509e69d&biw=971&bih=577

    ReplyDelete
  4. But its all part of the same "Chasidification of the rest of us" (see my classic posts on that theme) that led to the demonetization of ALL weather appropriate clothing including straw hats, short sleeved shirts and light colored suits in the blazing summer months

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page