There is a special State Senate election taking place in Brooklyn today.
While this blog attempts to refrain from discussing people, public officials go into public service with the knowledge that their ideas and character will be discussed; and I've heard from a posek that certain halachos of LH do not apply in the case of public servants.
It seems to me that the fight here is one of values vs. pocketbook. In fact, the ads promoting Lew Fidler's candidacy are signed by "Askonim", whereas the ads in favor of David Storobin are signed by Rabbonim. Granted that there are Rabbonim on both sides of the aisle here, nevertheless this difference is striking.
Now there are those who argue that we take the "full man" when voting for a candidate. If 95% of what the man stands for aligns with our position, we can ignore the other 5%. However, the larger picture here is one of Chillul Hashem. Should the Orthodox come out in force for a person whose innate character is the antithesis of Torah Family Values?
Several months ago the Jews of Brooklyn made a huge Kiddush Hashem when they voted for the non-Jewish Bob Turner when he ran against a liberal Jewish opponent. Today, they once again are presented with the same opportunity. Please vote.
Smart: If You Don’t Vaccinate Your Kids, Australia Won’t Pay For Your Child Care - In Australia, there used to be widespread agreement that vaccinating children against fatal diseases was a good thing. Kids got shots, and the rate of chil...
1 hour ago