Sunday, November 1, 2009

Pictures and Blogging


“A picture is not worth a thousand words – it’s worth a million dollars!”.

This week’s Mishpacha magazine yields the above quote in their article featuring advertising.

I’ve been toying recently with Blogger’s picture-embed feature. I’m sure that you’ve noticed that it certainly does add an extra dimension to the blog. Yet I am not completely satisfied with several choices, most notably the Tower of Bavel.

One thing I am proud of is my decision to never watch “The Ten Commandments”. Torah leaves so much to the imagination, that I never wanted to subject myself to someone else’s version of how Moshe looked. I don’t need someone else’s depiction of Egyptians implanted in my brain. The imagery provided by Rashi, my parents and Rebbeim will suit me just fine.

1 comment:

  1. wise decision. I did watch the 10 commandments as a kid and it had a deletorious effect on me.

    ReplyDelete

Locations of visitors to this page